The wonderful Miss.Mojito from The Beauty Scriptures has nominated me for a Liebster Blogging Award!
The rules are listed at the bottom of this page, but it’s basically an online award to recognise and support bloggers with a low number of followers (some rules say it’s under 200, other say under 1,000). This is a great way to spread the word about my blog and share some of the blogs I enjoy reading too.
Scroll down to the bottom to see my nominations.
Q and A with Dr.J
What made you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging to document our megamoon in New Zealand but that’s on my other blog, JenkinSunts’ Latest Adventure
. This blog began because of my love of board games and my quest to play all of the Spiel des Jahres winners and find (and share) the best game. It evolved into sharing lots of the geeky stuff I got up to and life in general, which most recently has meant it’s all about being a Mum and my little boy.
What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
I love sharing with other people. As a natural chatter box it’s just another outlet for me to tell people what I think or show them stuff! Since my little boy was born it’s also been a really great way for me to capture stuff about him growing up and changing and to share this with our family and friends who aren’t so nearby.
What’s your least favourite thing about blogging?
That I don’t have time to write as much as I’d like! I have way more ideas and things to say than I get chance to post. When I read what I’ve posted I always think “I forgot to mention x,y and z!”. I wish there was a decent voice recognition app on my phone so that I could dictate my posts whilst going on a walk with A! I also hate that my posts are littered with typos and mistakes.
Name your top five ideal dinner guests, dead or alive.
My Nanna. She died when I was 11 and I’d love to have a roast dinner with her now and tell her all about the last 20 years.
Jim Butcher. I flipping love The Dresden Files.
J K Rowling. I also love Harry Potter and I don’t care if she is a cliched choice!
Ross Noble. He makes me laugh. A lot.
My best friend VPM. I’ve not seen her for ages and I miss her.
What’s been the best experience of your life so far?
This is really tricky. I feel really lucky as I’ve got to do quite a lot of the things I’ve always wanted to do (again, shameless plug to read JenkinSunts’ Latest Adventures
as I’ve done 4 out of my top 5 travel destinations) but if I had to pick one thing then I would say having a family. It’s a lot of work but it’s worth it.
Tea or coffee?
Coffee. Flat white please 🙂
If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pasta. I love lots of different types of food and I’d definitely be sad to never eat Indian, Thai and pies ever again but I think pasta is so versatile and I honestly think I could eat it every single day.
Describe yourself in five words.
Bossy, organised, stubborn, loud (gosh these make me sound lovely!)….energetic!
Night in or night out?
In. And I’m not sad to say it’s pretty much always been like that and it’s not just having a baby. I have fallen asleep in nightclubs before!
Do you have any pets?
Yes, a slightly less chubby than she was cat called Lyra. She hasn’t had as much fussing since A was born but I am trying to give her a stroke every day. A has just started to take notice of her when she is moving about too so I hope she can cope with him as he gets older and no doubt starts grabbing her tail!
What’s the one beauty product that you can’t live without?
Hrm, this is difficult one purely because I am hopeless with make up and also completely lazy so tend to just go round looking like a bit of a mess (and then feel crap when I see lots of beautiful people out and about, ho hum!). Again, that’s not the impact of motherhood but just the fact that I’d rather spend time sleeping mostly. BUT, if I can cheat a bit and give two products, if I do put some make up on it’s usually concealer (as even at my ripe old age I just can’t stop picking spots) and then mascara but I guess if I was only allowed one then I’d go with the concealer as it also helps hide my ginorma bags.
11 random facts about me!
- My favourite ice cream flavour is hazelnut.
- I used to have very very very short hair. I would have it all chopped off again if it didn’t grow so slowly.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE pies. My favourite pie is meat and potato from Potts Pies. True story: I once went there with my Dad during my university Easter holidays and was so excited that I did a little jump in the air when I got out of the car!
- I am addicted to (trashy) sci-fi and fantasy novels.
- I don’t like baked beans. I dislike them so much I don’t want you to stir my tinned spaghetti with your tainted baked bean spoon.
- I once set fire to my hand with 100% ethanol. It hurt. A lot. I went to hospital and they put my hand into a plastic bag with a whopping 2ml of sterile saline. I then slept with my hand hanging off the bed in a box of ice as it was the only way to find any relief but that meant that my fingers swelled up into big fat sausage fingers. I wouldn’t recommend this!
- I once did a skydive!
- My favourite colour is purple.
- If I had a daemon it would be a black panther named Albus.
- I love the tranquility of the countryside and could happily sit at the top of a hill just looking out. I can even just sit there in silence believe it or not!
- I have 7 ear piercings.
This was really hard as I follow very few blogs now so other than the first one which belongs to the lovely Mrs.Riley, I have chosen one blog per tag that I commonly read about. It was hard to choose these as most people don’t blog solely about on topic so I chose blogs which I thought had overlap with other things I like 🙂
My questions for you:
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
- What’s your least favourite thing about blogging?
- What’s been the best experience of your life so far?
- Describe yourself in five words.
- What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
- Do you have any pets?
- What are your top 5 songs/artists/albums? You can choose which category!
- What’s your favourite film?
- What’s your favourite book?
- Ice cream or custard?
And lastly… The Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).